The LaValle Library is happy to have our doors open again. In order to stay open and offer our great services, we've put some new guidelines into place to keep you, our community, and our staff safe.
- The LaValle Public Library is open regular hours starting Saturday, September 5 2020.
- Patrons are welcome to come inside.
- Masks are required for the safety of patrons and staff. When worn correctly over the mouth and nose, they are the best defense against Covid-19. Disposable masks are provided upon request.
- Social distancing is required. Please keep at least six feet apart from patrons and staff that are not from your household.
- Hand sanitizer stations are set up at both the front and back entrances, please clean your hands upon entering and upon leaving the library.
- Curbside service will continue to be available. Call the library to set up a pick-up time or if you have any questions about how it works, we are happy to assist you!
- All programming will continue to be hybrid style to minimize large gatherings and keep our sense of community strong.
- Children under the age of 8 require supervision by an adult on entrance to the library.
- Patron computer time is limited to 1 hour unless there is no one else waiting.
- Items should be returned to the book drop or book return basket to minimize staff handling of materials. Materials will be quarantined for 96 hours (4 days) before handling. Any questions about overdue fines can be discussed with librarians on a case by case basis.
- Anyone, both patrons and staff, feeling sick and/or displaying symptoms, or having been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days should not come to the library and will be asked to leave if they do so. Please utilize our curbside services if you suspect you might be sick.
- Employees should self-monitor and stay home when they are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Library may be closed on short notice by Library Director, if there is a resurgence of the virus in our community or other issues related to safety and health arise, based on City, County, State, or Federal agency reports/recommendation.
- The public will be notified of changes in service level through the Library’s website and social media.